What are the basic spare parts to keep for a boat trailer?Blog | March 11th, 2023
There are several basic spare parts that boat owners should keep on hand for their boat trailers. Some of these include:
- Spare tire: A flat tire can leave you stranded on the road, so it’s essential to have a spare tire that’s properly inflated and in good condition.
- Wheel bearings: Bearings help the wheels rotate smoothly and prevent them from overheating. Keep spare bearings, seals, and races on hand to replace worn or damaged ones.
- Trailer lights: Check your lights regularly and replace any bulbs or wiring that are faulty. It’s a good idea to keep spare bulbs, fuses, and wiring connectors in case of emergencies.
- Hitch parts: Check your hitch ball, coupler, and safety chains before each trip, and keep spare parts on hand in case of wear or damage.
- Winch strap: The winch strap helps you pull your boat onto the trailer, so it’s essential to have a spare one in case it breaks or wears out.
- Trailer brakes: If your trailer has brakes, keep spare pads and brake fluid on hand in case they need to be replaced.
- Bunk carpet: The carpet on your trailer bunks helps protect your boat’s hull. Keep spare carpet on hand in case it becomes worn or damaged.
- Tie-down straps: Tie-down straps keep your boat securely in place during transport. Keep spare straps on hand in case of wear or damage.
By keeping these basic spare parts on hand, you’ll be prepared for most common issues that can arise with your boat trailer, and you’ll be able to make necessary repairs quickly and easily.
To view our complete range of spare parts for your boat trailer use the link below:
For repairs and service us the link below: